Do you know what to look for when hiring a printer repair technician?
So your office printer is on the fritz again and you or your IT department don’t know what else to do to resolve the issue(s) your laser printer is having. You have tried the “go-to” problem resolving tactics of turning your laser printer off and back on, disconnecting it from your network and reconnecting it, rebooting your computer that can’t print to it and more, yet nothing seems to work. You need to hire a laser printer repair technician, but how do you know who will be best suited for the job? Here is a list of the top things you should look for or ask your potential printer repair technician:
1) How many years experience does your technician have in laser printer repair or service?
2) How many years experience does your technician have in laser printer repair for YOUR brand of printer?
3) Is your potential laser printer repair technician CERTIFIED? There are also various certifications so ask them which brands they are certified on. This is especially important to ask if they don’t have many years’ experience in laser printer repair. If your printer is under warranty – make sure your technician is certified for ASP.
3) Thoroughness. When a printer repair technician comes to your office, you want to make sure they not only address your problem you are currently having, but do a routine maintenance check to see what could possibly go wrong in the future. Perhaps parts are worn or need to be cleaned. A good technician will clean your printer during the repair process free of charge. Many times a printer repair technician can tell you this without too much additional effort. A good technician will make recommendations on his findings, supply a quote and possibly do the additional work there on the spot.
4) Honesty. It is important to have a technician you can trust to be honest with you about necessary repairs to your laser printer. You don’t want to have to worry if your printer repair technician is quoting a $200 part if all your printer really needs is a good cleaning.
5) Reliability. You want someone you can depend on to maintain, or repair your laser printers when you need them to be there. You don’t want to have to worry if they will be in business the next time you call or if it’s only a one-man shop if he has time to do your repairs.
6) Professionalism. You want someone who will come into your office, do the work necessary to repair your laser printer, be courteous and professional with your employees and go on their way.
So the next time you search for office printer repair technician on your browser, make sure the companies you research offer these types of experience and service.
Do you need your printer repaired, or serviced? Please fill out the following form:
[contact_bank form_id=1 show_title=true ]
* For same day service, calls must be received by 10:00 am EST, your business must be within our service area, applies to service calls only.
Service area includes the following counties: Fulton, Cherokee, Forsyth, Cobb, Bartow, Dekalb, Gwinnett, and Douglas counties. The cities we service include but are not limited to: Atlanta, Alpharetta, Acworth, Austell, Ball Ground, Buford, Cartersville, Canton, Chamblee, Cumberland, Decatur, Duluth, Dunwoody, Holly Springs, Johns Creek, Kennesaw, Lawrenceville, Marietta, Milton, Mountain Park, Norcross, Powder Springs, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Smyrna, Woodstock